I’m still in the throes of emptying out my winter chest freezer. I found a larger-than-expected cache of pork we ground ourselves and figured it needed using up – this is what I came up with. Really simple and delicious flavors but these patties only take ten minutes or so to put together. Yay!
First you need to tip your ground meat (chicken would probably also work here beautifully although I haven’t yet tried it out), herbs and seasonings into a large bowl. FOR AIP / NIGHTSHADE-FREE, OMIT THE RED PEPPER FLAKES! Mix everything together evenly, but don’t overwork. Now’s the time where you need to divide the mixture evenly into four patties. And Imma let you in on a secret. Once upon a time I used to buy mega jars of Jif peanut butter. I kept one of the lids. It measures about 3.5 inches in diameter and is about 3/4 inch deep. It’s also PERFECT for making evenly sized quarter pound patties! Here’s what I do. Line the lid with a little plastic wrap like so:
Then get a generous handful of meat mixture and pat it gently into the lid. It doesn’t have to be level, a little domed over the edge is perfect.
Then just tip the patty out of the lid onto a plate; smush the plastic wrap back into the lid and repeat. Easy, evenly-sized patties ftw! All you have to do now is cook them
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tbl garlic powder
- 4 green onions, trimmed and chopped finely
- ¼ oz fresh cilantro, chopped
- Optional: ½ tsp red pepper flakes (OMIT FOR AIP / NIGHTSHADE FREE)
- Heat a skillet with a little oil over medium heat.
- Mix the ground pork with all seasonings in a bowl; don't overwork.
- Shape into four evenly sized patties.
- Cook until nicely browned on the first side, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 5 minutes, covering the pan with a lid.
- Check for doneness before serving, cooking for an additional minute or so if needed.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. See my affiliate link policy here. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.