I hate to say it, but sometimes I get sick of eggs. I mean, I love them and all, don’t get me wrong. They are so quick to make and go with pretty much everything, after all. But, sometimes, I just want a different texture or two first thing in the morning. This breakfast bowl is a perfect way to satisfy that craving, since I keep the vegetables crisp and then top everything off with the smooth creaminess of guacamole. The slight spiciness from the chili and salsa helps wake things up a bit in the morning. Including me.Print
Fiesta Breakfast Bowl
Mexican food for breakfast without any of the junk. This breakfast bowl is egg free but completely satisfying thanks to the creamy guacamole.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced peppers, about 6 mini sweet peppers
- 1/2 lb ground pork or chicken
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- Pinch ground cumin
- Salt, pepper & chili powder to taste
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 – 4 tbl salsa
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil. Add onions & peppers to the skillet to soften.
- While the vegetables are cooking, mash the avocado with a fork and set aside.
- When the onions and peppers begin to brown, move them to the edge of the skillet. Add the pork or chicken, along with the oregano, cumin, salt, pepper & ancho chile. Turn the pork over after a few minutes and break it up into chunks with the back of a spoon. Cook for several minutes more, until the meat is thoroughly cooked. Stir to combine the meat and vegetables.
- Split the skillet between two bowls. Top each bowl with half of the mashed avocado and salsa to taste.