I can’t seem to eat enough salads or fruit lately. I guess that is a fairly predictable response to summer’s arrival! As someone without much of a sweet tooth, I have especially been enjoying combining all things grilled and delicious with fruity sides. The smokiness of meat from the grill really brings out the sweetness of the fruits but complements that, too, so that it isn’t overwhelming. I guess you can tell how much I am enjoying these fruity sides by the fact that this pineapple salsa follows straight after my Avocado with Strawberry Salsa appetizer!
This dish works beautifully, pairing the tart-sweet pineapple with the more robust flavors of the sausage. Choose your favorite link: the pineapple salsa is especially delicious with one that packs a little heat! We used a lovely jalapeño seasoned sausage from our butcher, which was fantastic. You can make this with or without a grill, just broil or pan fry if you prefer. I will freely admit that I relish any chance I get to have part of the meal being taken off my hands: I therefore LOVE grilling season! However you cook your sausages, just make the pineapple salsa while you wait. By the time the links are done, your salsa will be ready to spoon over the top. You don’t need the tahini if it’s not something you happen to have to hand, but it does give a nice silky texture to the pineapple salsa and helps to bring out the flavors together.
Sausages with Pineapple Salsa
This pineapple salsa adds a flavor punch when used to top your favorite sausage links. Summery and simple!
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 6 sausage links
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- Generous handful of cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 2 tbl tahini
- Heat up the grill, broiler or stove top and begin to cook the sausage links.
- While the sausages are cooking, add the diced pineapple to a bowl.
- Remove the leaves from the cilantro, discarding the stems, and mince finely. Add to the bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl, add the diced onion and tahini. Stir to combine.
- When the sausages are cooked through thoroughly, about 15 minutes, top with the pineapple salsa and serve.