- 1 celeriac, approx 790g / 1 3/4 lb
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Large handful fresh dill, finely chopped
For the dressing :
- Put the lemon juice into a large bowl. Peel the celeriac and grate using a food processor. Place immediately into the lemon juice and toss around until evenly coated. This stops the celeriac from turning brown. If you don’t have a processor, cut into matchstick sized pieces, making sure they are coated with lemon juice as you go.
- Put the dressing ingredients into a high speed blender and blitz till smooth. Pour the dressing over the celeriac, add the dill and toss again to thoroughly coat. Check to see if it needs salt, this will depend on the levels of saltiness in your anchovies and capers. Set aside in the refrigerator for an hour or so to allow the flavours to develop.
- There are endless ways to serve this but some of my favourites are with slices of cold roast beef or nitrate free ham, on top of a burger with a rasher or two of bacon, or with grilled salmon.
- Keeps happily for up to a couple of days in the refrigerator, well covered.