Citrus Yogurt Bowls with Ginger Crumbles, Honey & Mint
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
For the ginger crumbles:
For the yogurt bowls:
- Coconut yogurt or thinned chilled coconut cream
- Optional: squeeze of lemon juice, to taste, if using coconut cream
- 1 grapefruit (I used pink)
- 3 oranges or other winter citrus (I used tangelo, cara cara & blood oranges)
- Raw honey, to taste
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- For the ginger crumbles:
- CRUSH: Add your coconut chips or pieces to the bowl of a mini food processor, along with the ground ginger and salt. Process until you have little crumbled pieces and the ginger and salt are combined. Don’t process for too long or you’ll end up with (tasty) dust! Reserve for later.
- For the yogurt bowls:
- EITHER SPOON: If using coconut yogurt, spoon as much yogurt as you like per person into bowls or swirl it onto rimmed plates.
- OR THIN: if using chilled coconut cream, add it to a bowl and add (optional) lemon juice, to taste. Whisk or beat until the coconut cream is smooth, then slowly add a little water at a time, mixing together until the coconut cream is a yogurt-like texture. Spoon into bowls or swirl onto plates as above.
- SLICE: Using a serrated knife, slice off the top and bottom of your grapefruit. Place the grapefruit cut side down on the chopping board so that you have a stable base. Carefully slice off the outer peel of the grapefruit. Rotate around the fruit, making sure to remove all the white pith as you go. Discard the peel, then carefully slice into each side of the grapefruit segment to remove them from the skin. Repeat the same process with the remaining fruit. Place the segments on a paper towel lined plate to absorb any excess juice.
- ASSEMBLE: Divide the citrus pieces between bowls and drizzle with raw honey. Sprinkle each portion with a tablespoon or so of ginger crumbles, garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.