Pork Burgers with Pineapple Salsa
For the burgers:
For the salsa:
- 1/2 cup / 90 g diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup / 80 g diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup / 70 g diced red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Pinch of salt
- SHAPE: Add all the burger ingredients to a bowl and use your hands to gently work the burger mixture together, making sure all the ingredients are evenly combined but so that the mixture is not overworked. Divide the meat into four evenly sized portions, then form each one into a burger patty. Press your thumb into the middle of each patty to make an indentation that will stop the burgers from puffing up as they cook.
- PAN FRY: Heat a skillet over medium heat and add enough oil to lightly coat the pan. Add the burgers and cook until the burgers form a nice golden crust, about 5 minutes. Flip the burgers and cover the skillet with a lid, cooking for another 3 – 4 minutes, until the pork is cooked through.
- TOP: While the burgers are cooking, combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl and stir them together. When the burgers are done, top each with some of the salsa. We like to put the burgers on top of some butter lettuce and a handful of shredded cabbage for crunch.