Slow Cooker Breakfast Meatloaf
This Breakfast Meatloaf has all the flavor of traditional breakfast sausage, but is easier to make & more convenient.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 mins
- Soften the diced onion in the 1 tbl coconut oil at low-medium heat, cooking until they are just translucent. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the ground pork to a large bowl. Whisk or stir to combine.
- Add the ground pork and softened onions to the bowl and use your hands to evenly combine all the ingredients.
- Gather up the meat mixture and place it in the center of your slow cooker’s insert. Use your hands to shape the loaf so that it has at least a half inch gap between the loaf and the sides of the insert.
- Pat the top of the loaf flat and put the lid on the slow cooker.
- If your slow cooker has a temperature probe, slide that into the meatloaf now, making sure not to let it touch the bottom of the pot.
- Cook the meatloaf on low until it reaches an internal temperature of 150F, about 3 hours.
- You can remove the meatloaf from the slow cooker straight away, but it is easier and more sturdy if you let the meatloaf sit for 15 – 30 minutes in the turned off and uncovered slow cooker before trying to transfer it to another dish.
- The meatloaf can be eaten immediately, but is much better if it is refrigerated overnight and then sliced in the morning. Reheat the slices in an oiled skillet at low-medium for 1 – 2 minutes per side before serving.