Reese’s Bars from “Indulge” by Carol @ Ditch The Wheat
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line the bottom of a 4×8 inch rectangular loaf pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl combine the ingredients for the crust. Evenly press the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. The crust is done when it is lightly brown and firm to the touch. Let the crust cool before spreading the filling.
- In a bowl, combine the almond butter, coconut oil, raw honey. Mix and reserve about ¼ of the mixture for the chocolate topping. Spread the almond butter filling onto the cooled crust. Place the bars in the freezer to firm up before spreading the chocolate mixture on top of the almond filling.
- To make the chocolate topping add unsweetened cocoa powder to the reserved almond butter filling and sweeten to taste.
- Spread on top of the semi-frozen bars. Place in the fridge to firm. Store the bars in the refrigerator.