If you’ve ever looked for a grain free dessert recipe, the chances are you’ve already seen the fantastic website Ditch The Wheat. Carol is constantly coming up with wonderful grain free recipes and everything I’ve ever tried from her site has been hands down awesome. But where she’s really a miracle worker is with the art of Paleo baking. Pretty much any treat your heart desires, Carol has already made and perfected. I might be a little bit jealous!
This post contains affiliate links. Read what that means to you here.
This is the part where we are all lucky: Carol has generously agreed to share one of her dessert recipes with us. Why is this so generous? Because this Reese’s Bars recipe is taken from her phenomenal ebook Indulge, a collection of 70 grain free desserts and treats. Needless to say, Indulge is full of grain free awesomeness. Carol has created recipes for everything from Caramel and homemade Sprinkles to Mini Blueberry Pies, Apple Danishes and the ever popular Chocolate Truffle Cake. There are even Doughnuts and Funnel Cake, people! Indulge is pretty awesome, so click here to grab your copy now! And if you’re not already convinced you need this ebook, keep reading for a sample recipe!
This fabulous Reese’s Bars recipe combines everything awesome about our old favorite non-Paleo peanut butter filled candy cup and replaces it with healthy, delicious ingredients spread on top of a beautiful almond flour based crust. Everything is better with a crust, right? The answer, my friend, is always “yes”!
I love these Reese’s Bars for a few reasons, not least because they are super fun to make and look at because of the layers of crust, nutty creamy filling and chocolate topping. Even though there are three layers there are only 5 main ingredients! How incredible is that? They’re fantastically delicious, it is true, and they are ridiculously satisfying for curbing a sweet toothed moment. One other thing: I highly recommend that you step out of your usual almond butter loving comfort zone and make the cashew butter filling version. It is amazing!Print
Reese’s Bars from “Indulge” by Carol @ Ditch The Wheat
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1 cup almond flour / meal, (250 mL)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, (30 mL)
- 2 tbsp raw honey, (30 mL)
- 1/8 tsp salt, (0.5 mL)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line the bottom of a 4×8 inch rectangular loaf pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl combine the ingredients for the crust. Evenly press the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. The crust is done when it is lightly brown and firm to the touch. Let the crust cool before spreading the filling.
- In a bowl, combine the almond butter, coconut oil, raw honey. Mix and reserve about ¼ of the mixture for the chocolate topping. Spread the almond butter filling onto the cooled crust. Place the bars in the freezer to firm up before spreading the chocolate mixture on top of the almond filling.
- To make the chocolate topping add unsweetened cocoa powder to the reserved almond butter filling and sweeten to taste.
- Spread on top of the semi-frozen bars. Place in the fridge to firm. Store the bars in the refrigerator.
Tempted? How about a sneak peek at some other recipes from Indulge?
Banana French Toast with Caramelized Pecans