I’m going to start off here with the Captain Obvious of sentences: bacon is an amazing wonderfood. Fact.
Now if bacon is a wonderfood, then it can clearly be deduced that bacon makes everything better. Well, almost always. At least when it comes to food. Now, when I make brunch at the weekend, my two absolutely-must-have items are bacon and guacamole. Always. There is something just so completely amazing about the salty bacon coming up against the creamy avocado. To the point that I do something which gets me mocked routinely: I save my last piece of bacon and top it with the last of the guacamole, spreading it all over. Then I pick it up with my hands and chow down in a decidedly unattractive manner. I don’t even care. It makes me happy. Eating like a grown up is stupid, anyway.
I have no idea why I get teased for the way I eat by a man who conscientiously eats around his bacon, piles it up on the corner of his plate and then devours it last, plain. Pffffttt. Speaking of Mr Meatified, back in the day when we didn’t eat Paleo, one of his favorite treat meals was a baked potato. It always had to be the same way, topped with butter, bacon & green onions. For some reason that popped into my head this week and it got me thinking. If avocado + bacon = amazing and bacon + green onion = awesome, how about I combine all of those into one bowl of deliciousness? This was the result!
Oh, and guess what? It almost goes without saying, but this may be the most amazing burger-topper ever!Print
Bacon & Green Onion Guacamole
Avocado + bacon + green onion = best guacamole ever! Plus, it’s nightshade free.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- 4 – 6 slices of bacon, depending on size
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 1/2 – 1 lime, to taste
- 1 tbl finely chopped cilantro
- 5 green onions
- Preheat a flat bottomed pan over the stove at medium heat and begin to fry bacon until crisp, about 8 – 10 minutes.
- While bacon is frying, cut the avocados, then remove and discard the pits. Use a spoon to scrape out the avocado flesh into a bowl. Use a fork to gently mash the avocado, leaving chunks of whole avocado.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl and add the cilantro. Chop 4 of the green onions into slices and add those to the bowl. Stir the guacamole together.
- When the bacon is done, remove to a plate lined with paper towel to absorb any excess grease.
- Chop the remaining green onion into slices and reserve for garnish.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces, setting aside 1 slice of chopped bacon for garnish.
- Stir the bacon into the guacamole. Sprinkle the reserved chopped bacon and green onion slices over the top before serving.
Affiliate Disclosure Many of the links on this blog are affiliate links. Meatified receives a small commission when some items are purchased through these links, but the price stays the same for you. Meatified is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.