(Want to know how I meal plan a month in minutes? Here's how!)
BBQ pulled chicken. I bet you probably didn’t think you’d see those words next to AIP any time soon, right?
So if I told you that, yes, you can make a delicious elimination phase friendly BBQ pulled chicken recipe and that — even better! — you can do so in your timesaving Instant Pot, wouldn’t you be super freaking excited? Well, you can! Thanks to this wonderful recipe that’s exclusive to a little project I’ve been working on with a bunch of other super-talented bloggers: The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook!
Working together, we’ve come up with what are bound to be some of your go-to AIP recipes from here on out, because they’re all easy, flavor filled and super speedy, thanks to the wonder of the Instant Pot‘s time saving features. Need dinner in a hurry? We have got you covered!
Because with over 140 recipes including broths, sauces, condiments, vegetables, poultry, meat, seafood, offal, desserts, and more, you’ll be able to find something to suit your tastebuds AND your dietary needs, since more than half of the recipes can easily be modified for Low-FODMAP, GAPS/SCD, and Coconut-Free diets.
Today I’m lucky enough to be able to share this wonderful recipe for AIP BBQ Pulled Chicken straight from the pages of The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook and you are going to just love it. It’s got that tangy sweetness of traditional BBQ sauce with none of the non-AIP ingredients, plus it gets bonus points for making great leftovers and being a great weapon in your batch cooking habit if that’s your thing.
Pile it on top of a baked sweet potato, spoon it onto a salad, serve it with traditional BBQ fixins like coleslaw or greens and make yourself a tummy friendly BBQ pulled chicken right this second. Or if you have a little more self control than I do, I guess you could wait until dinner time. Maybe.Print
BBQ Pulled Chicken
- Yield: 8 servings
- Add the chicken, salt, granulated garlic, and water in the Instant Pot®.
- Close and lock the lid. Press MANUAL for high pressure. Set cooking time to 25 minutes. Once the time is up, quick release the pressure (using the instructions on page 7).
- Pour out as much water/broth as you can. Reserve the broth for future soup making, if desired.
- Whisk the apple butter, balsamic, molasses, garlic, ginger, and salt together. Pour over cooked chicken with remaining juice.
- Press the SAUTÉ button on the Instant Pot®. Let the chicken and sauce simmer to evaporate some of the juices. Once some of the liquid has evaporated, CANCEL the sauté function. Shred the chicken, if desired, before serving.
• Delicious served on a baked sweet potato!
• Reheats well AND is good served cold.
Want to know more about The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook?
- It’s available as an ebook that you can download immediately — no waiting around for anything to ship to you!
- Over half of the 140+ recipes are exclusive to The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook, which means you won’t find them anywhere else.
- Every recipe is AIP elimination phase friendly, so these recipes are both flavor packed and compliant — no reintros necessary!
- Each recipe has been designed with the Instant Pot in mind, so they’re quicker than usual and just as delicious!
- It’s another stellar community cookbook put together by Eileen Laird of Phoenix Helix
Want a little preview of the deliciousness within?
Here are just a few of the recipes that we’ve made AIP and Instant Pot friendly – not to mention, practically effortless!
- Marinara Sauce
- Bacon Orange Cherry Jam
- Gravy (yes, really!)
- Artichokes with Lemon Tarragon Dipping Sauce
- Cauliflower Rice
- Honey Herbed Carrots & Parsnips
- Creamy Root Veggie Curry Soup
- Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Speedy Chili
- Swedish Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy
- Sticky Pork Shortribs
- Thai Seafood Curry
- Salmon & Sweet Potato Chowder
- Chicken Liver Pâté (that one’s mine!)
- “Chocolate” Cake
- Mini Banana Cream Pies
- Peach Cobbler
- ….and more!
And if those sample recipes haven’t convinced you (are you suuuuure?!), then you can find a full recipe list here.
We’ve all worked super hard to create, refine and test these recipes, so you can be sure that they’re not just the best AIP recipes out there, but they work perfectly with your Instant Pot: every time. I’m super proud to be a part of this amazing collaboration and I just know you’re going to fall in love with it, too.
Click here to grab your own copy right this second — or to enter for a chance to win one of 10 giveaway copies!
Affiliate Disclosure Many of the links on this blog are affiliate links. Meatified receives a small commission when some items are purchased through these links, but the price stays the same for you. Meatified is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.