(Want to know how I meal plan a month in minutes? Here's how!)
I’m not going to lie, you can take these exact same ingredients and, almost instantly, have an amazing Paleo, non-dairy pudding, without freezing. However, if you’re in the mood for something frozen, or if you want to really go all out with a for-company dessert or after-coffee treat, these plantain ice cream truffles are what you need!
No dairy, no added sweetener of any kind and no ick. Yet the inclusion of super ripe plantains gives you a great whipped texture that the usual Paleo banana “ice cream” just can’t compete with. Plus, you can keep these ice cream truffles in the freezer until you’re ready for a sweet bite or two. They need a few minutes to thaw to be at their creamy best but will not fail to satisfy a sweet tooth when you’re ready. You can even pile these up in a bowl and top them, sundae-style! Use a 1 tablespoon sized cookie scoop to drop the ice cream truffles onto a lined baking tray. I use my half sheet sized Silpat for this, but I think parchment paper would probably also work fine here.Print
Paleo Ice Cream “Truffles”
Meatified’s plantain pudding recipe, frozen and scooped into mini ice cream truffles, topped with coconut. Deliciously sweet without any added sweetener!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Add the sliced plantains to a mini food processor & process to a puree, about 1 minute.
- Add the coconut cream and cinnamon to the processor after scraping down the sides.
- Blend for another minute or so until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into freezer safe container and freeze for 3 – 4 hours.
- Remove mixture from freezer and use a 1 tbl sized cookie scoop to drop truffle shapes onto a lined baking tray. Work quickly as the mixture is still fairly soft at this point.
- Sprinkle with the unsweetened shredded coconut and return to the freezer for at least an hour before eating.
- If you freeze the truffles overnight, you can then remove them from the tray and store in the freezer in a bag or container. Just make sure to thaw the “truffles” for 5 minutes or so before eating.