Honestly, I made these because they’re cute. And they have bacon in them, a little riff on the classic BLT sandwich using cherry tomato halves instead of bread. It seems I’m on quite the bacon kick lately! These are bitesize, simple & delicious – plus the “cute” factor makes them great little pre-dinner nibbles. I’m not a mayo person, but for those of you who are (and outnumber me), these would be great served with a homemade Paleo mayo on the side. I halved the little cherry tomatoes so that these looked more like little sandwiches, but if that’s too tomato-y for you, you can just use a single tomato half. Make sure you place it on bottom the end of the toothpick to make it easy to dip if you’re serving these with mayo!
When it comes to the bacon, you may need more or less than in the recipe, depending on the size of your bacon slices. Cook a few extra just in case – it’s not like they will go to waste!
- 4 slices of bacon
- 12 - 24 cherry tomatoes
- 3 - 4 leaves crunchy lettuce such as Iceburg or Romaine
- Cook bacon until just crisp, but soft enough to pierce with a toothpick without cracking or breaking. Drain on a paper towel and let cool.
- Cut off any non-crisp lettuce from the leaves. Cut into inch wide strips.
- Once cooled, slice the bacon into inch long pieces.
- EITHER: Thread half a cherry tomato onto the toothpick first, followed by a square of bacon and a folded strip of lettuce. Finish with another cherry tomato half.
- OR: Thread on a square of bacon first, followed by a folded strip of lettuce. Finish with a cherry tomato half at the end.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. See my affiliate link policy here. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.