(Want to know how I meal plan a month in minutes? Here's how!)
Everything is better with bacon. And these addictive morsels of awesomeness prove that rule. It is also true that almost everything is better with chocolate. Therefore, logic dictates that these may well be the best thing you ever put in your mouth. Bacon + chocolate = win.
I’m not sure I really need to tell you that you HAVE to make these. But you HAVE to make these. Roasting the strawberries concentrates their flavor and contrasts beautifully with the saltiness of the bacon. Then, just to really tip this recipe into wonderland, I added a dairy free ganache to the party. If you’re feeling really crazy, add a tiny smidge of cayenne pepper or chipotle to the sauce. You can serve these two ways: still warm, with the ganache on the side for dipping, or let them cool a little before dipping them individually in the ganache then refrigerating until it sets. Either is delicious and you will run out faster than you ever thought possible! If you don’t want to go with the chocolate route, try a drizzle of balsamic vinegar for a more savory version. You’re welcome.Print
Bacon & Berry Bites with Dairy Free Chocolate Sauce
Roasted strawberries wrapped in bacon with a dairy free dark chocolate ganache for dipping. If you like bacon wrapped dates, you will LOVE these!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 24 Berry Bites 1x
For the strawberries:
- Preheat the oven to 450F and line a baking tray.
- Trim the tops of the strawberries and turn them cut-side down.
- Cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap each strawberry with a half slice of bacon, making sure the ends overlap. Make sure the bacon is tightly wrapped as the strawberries will shrink.
- Secure the bacon using a toothpick and place the strawberries on the baking tray. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for 10 – 12 minutes, until the bacon is cooked and beginning to brown on the edges.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate for a few minutes to absorb any excess grease from the bacon or juices from the strawberries.
For the ganache:
- Heat the coconut milk until it is hot, either on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the hot coconut milk, using a fork to keep stirring until the chocolate is completely melted.
To serve / assemble:
- Either serve the bacon wrapped strawberries warm, with the ganache on the side for dipping or allow them to cool before dipping the tops of them in the ganache and then refrigerating them until they set.