I can guarantee that you are going to love this recipe. First off, who doesn’t like fudge pops? Especially sassed-up fudge pops with a chocolate orange kick from fresh orange zest? Now top off the awesome with the fact that if you don’t freeze the fudge pop mixture, it comes out as a delicious creamy chocolate orange mousse and it’s obvious that this one is a complete keeper!
Now these may look like deceptively treat-worthy fudge pops (and they are!) but they also pack a great nutritional punch. These fudge pops are made with a Paleo trifecta of good things: grass fed gelatin, avocado AND coconut milk!
I made these as cute little mini fudge pops using dixie cups instead of molds. If you do have fancy popsicle molds, you may want to scale up the recipe as this mixture will make approximately 8 popsicles that are just under 3 ounces each. That said, these are rich, creamy and incredibly satisfying in their mini fudge pop version!
A couple of tips for making these chocolate orange fudge pops. Make sure when you zest your oranges that you are not getting any of the white pith as that has a bitter flavor which you really do not want in your fudge pops – I really love my Microplane for stuff like this as it’s so easy to get all of the zest without the pith. My other recommendation is that – if you are using dixie cups as molds – you do not push your popsicle sticks into the mixture straightaway; if you freeze the fudge pops for 10 – 15 minutes first, then add the sticks, they are less likely to float up or tip sideways.
However you make these chocolate orange fudge pops – enjoy them and the rest of your summer!Print
Chocolate Orange Fudge Pops
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 8 3 oz fudge pops 1x
- Combine the coconut milk, avocado, raw honey, vanilla extract and the raw cacao in a blender. Puree everything until as smooth as possible.
- In a small bowl or jug, sprinkle the grass fed gelatin over the room temperature water. Whisk with a fork to combine, about 1 minute. It will be thick; that’s ok!
- Add the gelatin mixture to the blender and combine until totally smooth.
- Zest the oranges using a Microplane or similar. Add the fresh zest to the blender and pulse to combine.
- Divide the chocolate mixture evenly between 8 3 oz dixie cups.
- Freeze for 15 minutes, then push a 4 1/2 inch popsicle stick into the middle of each cup.
- Return to the freezer until frozen.
- To remove the fudge pops, simply snip the rims of the cups with kitchen scissors and pull off!