There’s a secret divide in the Meatified household. It’s a love vs hate kind of thing.
I’m a bona fide lover of pretty much any variety of melon. Mr Meatified won’t touch any of them other than watermelon. I think he needs some kind of intervention: how can you NOT like melon? Makes no sense to me. But then I look on the bright side: more of my favorite summer fruits for me!
These honeydew popsicles are a great way to make use of juicy ripe fruit – they don’t need sweetener and have less than a handful of ingredients. They’re delicious and refreshing, plus pack a wallop of tanginess from the fresh lime juice. The avocado adds a little natural creaminess and makes the popsicles a little softer than standard frozen fruit juice pops. These are a winner!
If you want to make cute looking popsicles like mine, this is the mold I used.
This recipe is Autoimmune Protocol friendly, too!
- 2 cups / 320 g honeydew melon, chopped into chunks
- ¾ cup water (see notes)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp / 90 ml lime juice
- 1 medium / 135g avocado, skin and pit removed
- BLEND: Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend on medium-high until smooth.
- FREEZE: Pour the fruit mixture into popsicle molds. Place in the freezer for an hour, then push a popsicle stick into each popsicle. Return to the freezer and freeze until firmly set, about 4 hours. Run the mold under a little warm water to loosen popsicles from the mold.
This recipe is Autoimmune Paleo friendly!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. See legal polices here. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.