There’s a secret divide in the Meatified household. It’s a love vs hate kind of thing.
I’m a bona fide lover of pretty much any variety of melon. Mr Meatified won’t touch any of them other than watermelon. I think he needs some kind of intervention: how can you NOT like melon? Makes no sense to me. But then I look on the bright side: more of my favorite summer fruits for me!
These honeydew popsicles are a great way to make use of juicy ripe fruit – they don’t need sweetener and have less than a handful of ingredients. They’re delicious and refreshing, plus pack a wallop of tanginess from the fresh lime juice. The avocado adds a little natural creaminess and makes the popsicles a little softer than standard frozen fruit juice pops. These are a winner!
If you want to make cute looking popsicles like mine, this is the mold I used.
This recipe is Autoimmune Protocol friendly, too!
Creamy Honeydew Popsicles with Lime
These honeydew popsicles are naturally sweet and only use a few ingredients. Tangy, refreshing and almost effortless to make!
- 2 cups / 320 g honeydew melon, chopped into chunks
- 3/4 cup water (see notes)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp / 90 ml lime juice
- 1 medium / 135g avocado, skin and pit removed
- BLEND: Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend on medium-high until smooth.
- FREEZE: Pour the fruit mixture into popsicle molds. Place in the freezer for an hour, then push a popsicle stick into each popsicle. Return to the freezer and freeze until firmly set, about 4 hours. Run the mold under a little warm water to loosen popsicles from the mold.
The amount of water you will need depends on the size of the avocado you use. Mine was large enough to make the fruit mixture too thick to pour into molds, which is why I added it. If you use a smaller avocado, you’ll need less water.
This recipe is Autoimmune Paleo friendly!
Affiliate Disclosure Many of the links on this blog are affiliate links. Meatified receives a small commission when some items are purchased through these links, but the price stays the same for you. Meatified is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.