This is the sort of meal I make when I can’t be bothered, really, to make a meal. But I also don’t want to eat crap, so I kind of have to make a meal. Damn it.
It’s so simple I thought at first I should be kind of embarrassed. Hey, meatified, call yourself a food blog? Really? Where is all the artisanal creativity and hours of almost-fruitless labor? Phfffttt!
Uh, sometimes, I just have to eat. Like, as close to now as possible. Hence this plate of stuff. And, really, we could all do with a couple of extra ideas to face down the dinner-time blahs, especially when it’s too hard to brain for ourselves. So here we go.
I’m not gonna lie. This was hot. I may possibly have over-done it in my quest for accurate measurements – usually I just tip the spice jars over my pan until it looks right. Kamikaze cooking ftw. I’d recommend halving the pepper amounts if you don’t like that tingly feeling!
Quick baked spicy shrimp and sugar snap peas
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 12 oz bag of medium frozen shrimp, thawed
- 16 oz of sugar snap peas, washed and stuff
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tbl garlic
- 1tbl or so of your preferred cooking oil (surprise, i used bacon fat!)
- Optional: Feta cheese to taste
- Set your oven to 400F while you mix all your spices in with your chosen oil and all the sugar snap peas.
- Rinse and drain your shrimp, then tip ’em out on some paper towels to remove excess water.
- Cover a baking tray with foil and tip out your sugar snap pea mixture then spread them out evenly.
- Put tray o’ peas in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. If you like your peas on the “more raw than not” side of crunchy, then bake them for a little less time. 8 minutes or so, depending on your oven.
- Top the peas with your shrimp and throw back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven (check shrimp are done!) and then toss everything together so that the shrimp get some of that seasoning love.
- Optional, but yummy if you do dairy: scatter some feta crumbles on top!